Medical foot reflexology
Foot reflexology is a technique known since antiquity: paintings found in Egyptian tombs older than 5,000 years old already show the practice of this therapy.
Reflexology is based on the principle all the organs of the body are represented in our feet, ex stomach, heart, large intestine, liver, etc.
Indeed, our brain constantly transmits and receives messages conveyed by the nervous system. The soles of the feet have nerve endings, which under the influence of stimuli can transmit information to the brain and the whole body.
Specific pressures exerted on the feet influence organic functions as well as the circulation of blood and lymph, responsible for distributing oxygen, nutrients in the body and eliminating toxins.
Reflexology exploits this action by making it possible to stimulate the faculties of self-regulation and to stimulate the healing powers of the organism.This massage method also acts on our psychological and emotional state.
Reflex zones are nerve points which, through one of these, are connected to a distant part of the body, named the reflex zone. Thus, reflexology leads to deep relaxation.
Reflexology helps to:
- Eliminate physical and mental fatigue.
- Relieve the tension accumulated in the neck and shoulders.
- Promote a good functioning of muscles through an increased supply of blood.
- Eliminate cramps and other muscle spasms.
- Increase muscle tone and reduce muscle atrophy caused by forced inactivity.
- Partially compensate for a lack of physical exercise by a good exercise passive.
- Reduces fat accumulated in the tissues.
- Dilate blood vessels, improve blood circulation and facilitate cardiac functions.
- Relieve arthritis sufferers by improving blood circulation, which reduces inflammation and pain.
- Accelerate healing in strains, fractures, dislocation and broken limbs.
- Improve the functions of each internal organ through the application of different techniques.
- Drain the lymphatic system by mechanical elimination of toxins and waste from the body.
- Allow people with anemia to benefit from an increase in red blood cells.
- Improve eyesight and hearing.
- Alleviate all headaches due to gallbladder, colon, migraines, emotional disturbances.